eShopWorld (”we” “our” “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Policy explains how we use the information we collect about you and how you can instruct us if you prefer to limit the use of that information. Please read the following carefully to fully understand our practices regarding personal data. By submitting personal data on registration to [Website details to be confirmed]or any of our affiliated web sites (the “sites”) you consent to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of such personal data in accordance with the provisions of this Policy. The sites are operated by us. We are an Irish registered company under company number 479237 and have our registered office at 4 The Concourse, Beacon Court, Sandyford, Dublin 18, Ireland.
What information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms, specifically, but not exclusively any registration form, on our sites. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to a service provided by us, purchasing items through our sites, posting material on or to our sites (where permitted), requesting further services, or utilising any future services we may offer. Information may also be requested when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us or another company in our group of companies, and when you report a problem with our sites;
- On registration, we will request your name, email address, details of payment cards used and delivery address;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our sites and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- Details of your visits to our sites (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access;
- Such other data or information emailed by you to us or entered by you on our sites.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To enable us to supply you with further information about our company, products and/or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To aid us in providing you with assistance where you have requested products, further information or logged an enquiry;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. To the extent that carrying out such obligations necessitates us disclosing your personal information to agents, contractors or other third parties involved in the performance of contracts entered into between you and us, you agree and consent to such disclosure;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our services;
- In order to comply with any of our legal and regulatory obligations;
- To monitor website usage in order to improve our services and sites.
You will not receive unsolicited marketing communications from us unless you have agreed to this. We may, however, contact you from time to time as necessary with information or queries about your registration, your purchases and/or your postings.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business (in whole or in part) or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets and may sell and transfer personal data collected through the site in connection with and pursuant to the sale of any such business or assets;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- To the extent necessary to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; to operate our systems properly; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our subsidiaries, affiliates, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and
- To trusted third parties who assist us in operating the sites, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
How do we protect your information?
We take our data security responsibilities seriously, employing the most appropriate physical and technical measures, and review these measures regularly. We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of customer information. All sensitive credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. SSL is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information and credit/debit card details so that they can be securely transferred over the internet.
In accordance with the above we will take appropriate security measures to guard against unauthorised access to your personal data or against its alteration, disclosure or destruction. However transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is therefore at your own risk.
Where you have chosen (or we have provided you) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of your home country. It may also be processed by staff operating outside of your home country, who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of an order placed by you via the sites, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy and, to the extent that such transfer is within our control in accordance with the relevant protections required by law in place.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our sites.
We may change our ownership or corporate organisation while providing the sites and related services. We may also sell certain assets associated with the sites. As a result, please be aware that in such event we may transfer some or all of your information to a company acquiring all or part of our assets or to another company with which we have merged. Under such circumstances we would, to the extent possible, require the acquiring party to follow the practices described in this Policy, as it may be amended from time to time. Nevertheless, we cannot promise that an acquiring company or the merged company will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Policy.
You have the right at any time to access the personal data that we hold about you by furnishing us with a written request. There is no fee for providing this information. We are concerned to ensure that at all times such personal data as we hold about you, is accurate, up to date and is not in excess of what we require to enable you to avail of our services. Therefore, if your personal information changes, or indeed if you no longer wish to receive communications from us, please let us know and we will correct, update or delete your personal data as appropriate.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us by [firstname.lastname@example.org], or by letter at the address above and asking us to cease contacting you for such purposes.
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
If you have any questions about this Policy, how we run the sites or your dealings with our sites, please send your query by emailing us at email@example.com or by post to:
1330 Avenue of the Americas
Suite 23, New York