Commercial Finance Business Partner
eShopWorld currently has a vacancy for a Commercial Finance Business Partner to join their Finance Team. You will provide financial and commercial analysis and insight to the senior leadership team and the wider business to support decision making, to achieve strategic objectives and drive profitable growth. As this is a newly created role, this opportunity will allow you to put your own stamp on it, add value and drive change across the business.
- Analyse profitability of each retailer and provide reasons for variances against forecast and budget (market, competition, economic, trends, etc)
- Key player in setting and understanding the strategy of the business and reflecting this in the forecast and budget processes with the FP&A team
- Create ad-hoc business and pricing models to aid decision making
- Identify and manage risks and opportunities across all areas of responsibility
- Review new business opportunities with the finance and sales team, challenging the commercial assumptions and risk to ensure the returns are appropriate
- Assist with identifying potential new retailers in each market
- Business partner to the wider business (Logistics, Sales, CRM, HR, IT, Operations, Product, etc) to provide insight and analysis on cost, trends, and margin analysis
- Create insightful and easy to navigate reporting for stakeholders to use
- Lead monthly meetings with key stakeholders to ensure objectives are aligned and achieved
- Review shipping margins by ensuring both buy and sell shipping rates are commercially sound and make recommendations on where to improve
- Review overheads in detail to understand fluctuations, help reduce costs, and therefore maximise profit. This would also include the analysis of FTE, payroll, and people costs to understand and challenge resourcing requirements
- Assist in driving a cost-conscious culture within finance and other departments
- Professionally qualified with a minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar commercial role
- Excellent financial and commercial acumen, able to understand and articulate complex financial information in a concise manner
- Excellent presentation, communication and stakeholder management skills, including experience managing senior stakeholders
- Ability to interpret, evaluate and construct complex contractual finance terms
- Strong influencing skills and leadership ability, able to make clear and robust decisions
- Demonstrates the credibility and gravitas to operate comfortably at executive level
- Potential to manage in the future, so should possess the ability to lead and develop a high performing team
- Strong Excel and system skills (including the ability to build complex models)
- Have a passion for process improvement and help champion a culture of continuous improvement and innovation
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organisational skills including time management and prioritisation
- Results orientated
- Good understanding of the eCommerce, retail or logistics industries
- Experience of working across multiple currencies and countries
- Experience in using Microsoft Dynamics
A bit about us:
eShopWorld provides a global checkout for many of the world’s leading retail brands. We have seen phenomenal growth in the last 3 years as we have been selected by a number of large US-based online retailers to support their international expansion plans.
We are passionate about what we do here: we won 1st place in the 2017 Deloitte Ireland Technology Fast 50 for the third year in a row and were recently selected as Technology Ireland's Company of the Year at the 2017 Software Industry Awards, and Technology Exporter of the Year at the 2017 Export Industry Awards. It’s clear this really is the place to be!
Send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you’re a good fit.
By applying for this role you expressly consent to eShopWorld processing your personal information in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice which can be reviewed here: https://www.eshopworld.com/candidateprivacynotice/