You are interested in working with web-scale applications and possess knowledge of modern technology concepts, best practices and patterns.
Your job will be working as part of technology team to improve our database support activities.
- We use Microsoft technologies in our backend systems, so you should have experience in all aspects of maintaining, monitoring and improving SQL Server installations. Our primary environment is Azure
- We expect you to contribute to architecture, design, and technical direction and to hold your own in a technical discussion
- You should want to do things better – we believe in continuous improvement of the development process
- You should have an opinion and contribute to improving
- You should have a commitment to, and experience with, best practices in solutions development
- You should have worked in a fast paced eCommerce business
- Intellectual curiosity, learning agility, and enthusiasm for tackling tough problems
- You should have best practice experience of SQL Server configuration and maintenance
- Experience of Always On SQL environments essential
- Experience of SSAS
- Experience of Azure SQL database technologies
- Strong SQL scripting skills (Powershell a bonus)
- Familiarity with other database technologies (Redis, NoSQL, Google Cloud etc) an advantage
- Should be comfortable with backup, restore in an Always On environment
- Should be comfortable with data warehousing and data lake processes and technologies
- Strong experience of data base tuning, indexing and managing statistics
- BA / BS degree in a related field
- 5+ years of industry related experience specifically in designing and delivering data warehouse solutions
- Willing to forgo these requirements for exceptional candidates
A bit about us:
eShopWorld provides a global checkout for many of the world’s leading retail brands. We have seen phenomenal growth in the last 3 years as we have been selected by a number of large US-based online retailers to support their international expansion plans.
We are passionate about what we do here: we won 1st place in the 2017 Deloitte Ireland Technology Fast 50 for the third year in a row and were recently selected as Technology Ireland's Company of the Year at the 2017 Software Industry Awards, and Technology Exporter of the Year at the 2017 Export Industry Awards. It’s clear this really is the place to be!
Send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you’re a good fit.
By applying for this role you expressly consent to eShopWorld processing your personal information in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice which can be reviewed here: https://www.eshopworld.com/candidateprivacynotice/