Front End Developer (Newry)
We are continuously improving our development process with Continuous Integration/Deployment, peer reviews, pull requests, stronger definitions of done, etc. therefore most of our teams are responsible either for a business area or for a group of applications that have a business common point.
We will be refactoring our current code base and building green field development, where we are componentising (micro-services) parts of the entire platform, and require a Front End Developer to help us in this process.
- Work on the platform components (packages) to deliver scale to the development teams
- Responsible for building UIs that will leverage strongly defined APIs
- Design and build out APIs that will be used by the platform team to achieve scale
- Work with the architecture team to align with future direction and implement those changes in platform
- Support the build of our continuous releases as NuGet packages that get consumed by all developers, and if the code quality is very high to even publish packages to the public NuGet gallery
- Interface with stakeholders across all business groups to capture technical requirements & priorities. Scope the requirements, propose appropriate solutions/plans and help to establish associated tasks and projects necessary to drive those efforts
- Strong software engineering skillset. Must have practical experience of SOLID principles, DI, IoC and software testing etc
- Experience of delivering software to production, and can engineer design for production support
- Demonstrated ability to self-teach/upskill
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience using Angular(version 4 or above)
- Good knowledge of Restful concepts and practices and experience integrating with Restful service
- Strong C# skills
- Experience with some or all of the following: Typescript, RxJs, Jasmine, Karma and Protractor, Webpack, SASS
- Knowledge and experience in Responsive Web Design, Web Progressive Enhancement/Graceful Degradation
- Unit testing with Karma/protractor
- Experience of building Restful services with .NET Web API
- Knowledge of oAuth security flows
- Test driven design
- Knowledge and practical experience of implementing design patterns
- Azure and .NET Core advantageous
- Cloud native architecture and cloud technologies
- You should want to work in a fast-paced eCommerce business and in a fast-paced cloud PaaS environment
- Excellent operational organisation skills
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- High level of initiative and desire to get things done
- Willingness to introduce change and challenge existing processes and procedures
A bit about us:
eShopWorld provides a global checkout for many of the world’s leading retail brands. We have seen phenomenal growth in the last 3 years as we have been selected by a number of large US-based online retailers to support their international expansion plans.
We are passionate about what we do here: we won 1st place in the 2017 Deloitte Ireland Technology Fast 50 for the third year in a row and were recently selected as Technology Ireland's Company of the Year at the 2017 Software Industry Awards, and Technology Exporter of the Year at the 2017 Export Industry Awards. It’s clear this really is the place to be!
Send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com if you think you’re a good fit.
By applying for this role you expressly consent to eShopWorld processing your personal information in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice which can be reviewed here: https://www.eshopworld.com/candidateprivacynotice/