Global Logistics Sourcing Specialist
Due to our continuing growth, we are looking for an experienced Global Logistics Sourcing Specialist to join our Global Operations Team. The Global Logistics Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for analysing supply chain, and assisting with management of our external global logistics services for eCommerce retailers. Ensure all cost and service benchmarks are current and maintained adequately. They will also own and maintains contracts and agreements within the logistics organisation.
Here in eShopWorld we have offices located in Ireland, Asia, Europe and the US. For this position, the role will be based at our HQ in Dublin, Ireland.
This position will report to the Manager of Global Sourcing and be part of the Global Operations team based in Dublin HQ.
Logistics Categories include:
- eCommerce Transportation (most time will be spent in this procurement category): Parcel carriers, postal providers, regional carriers, forwarders, brokers, and airlines.
- 3PL Providers (occasional time spent procuring these services and could leverage other resources or expertise as needed): Hubs, return centres, warehouses, distribution/fulfilment centres, value added services (kitting, labelling, etc.)
- Act as Retailer Owner and category lead for specified retailers or geographic locations and part of wider internal Retail team which includes client relationship management, information technology and logistics operations
- Industry knowledge of logistics supply market, emerging players, cost and service trends, and other industry driving forces. E.g. postal organisations, integrators and freight forwarders
- Identification and qualification of valid suppliers within the supply market
- Conducting cost, service and capability benchmarking analysis within the logistics supply market
- Conduct sourcing projects, including definition of requirements (in partnership with key stakeholders), RFQ development, supplier evaluation, cost comparison and recommendation around selection
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of contracts, SLAs, pricing, and commercial and operational terms
- Maintain database of contracts, pricing, and rate cards for each service provider. Support the preparation of client specific rate cards based on service levels and lanes (origin and destination considerations)
- Assist with development and implementation of ongoing cost reduction strategies
- Assist with designing complex eCommerce logistics solutions from an IT, operations and commercial perspective. Continually review and evaluate supply chain to ensure eSW receive most competitive offering
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business/Supply Chain/Engineering or related degree
- 8 years' project management experience gained in a similar environment
- Significant experience in Airfreight and final mile solutioning
- Strong project management and cross functional team management skills
- Strong influencing skill with the ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent operational organisation skills
- Working knowledge of supply management and related systems
- Strong analytical skills with a solution focused attitude
- Experience of working in a fast-paced eCommerce business
- Previous experience of Supply Chain Optimisation software
A bit about us:
eShopWorld provides a global checkout for many of the world’s leading retail brands. We have seen phenomenal growth in the last 3 years as we have been selected by a number of large US-based online retailers to support their international expansion plans.
We are passionate about what we do here: we won 1st place in the 2017 Deloitte Ireland Technology Fast 50 for the third year in a row and were recently selected as Technology Ireland's Company of the Year at the 2017 Software Industry Awards, and Technology Exporter of the Year at the 2017 Export Industry Awards. It’s clear this really is the place to be!
Send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com if you think you’re a good fit.
By applying for this role you expressly consent to eShopWorld processing your personal information in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice which can be reviewed here: https://www.eshopworld.com/candidateprivacynotice/