Most technical people at eShopWorld are either developers or have a developer background and we are a Cloud only company with workloads running in both GCP and Microsoft Azure.
We automate almost all of our work and that automation code is either C#, Golang, PowerShell, Ansible, Terraform and Packer and Helm We ensure that the eShopWorld platform is highly available and Service level objectives are achieved. We constantly work to improve SLI/SLO and SLAs.
The Monitoring Engineer will work primarily on the backend of several eShopWorld projects. Our Production Engineering team is responsible for building the tools engineers use to deploy and monitor their production systems.
- Be key part of a team building cloud platform tools and solutions for a leading Irish eCommerce company
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to define strategy and technical platform SLIs and SLOs
- Build Dashboards and whitebox and blackbox alerting
- Partner with development teams to prepare dashboards and push of deliverables through lower environments into production
- Evaluate new tools and technologies based on current and future feature requirements, performance, cost effectiveness, and reliability
- Work closely with development teams to understand requirements and applies industry knowledge to recommend build/buy solutions
- Review existing solutions with a fresh perspective to suggest improvements and optimizations
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- Knowledge of monitoring, alerting, APM, telemetry tooling
- You should be familiar with Cloud – Google Cloud Platform or Azure a plus
- Knowledge of PAAS based solutions such as Cosmos Db, Service Fabric etc a plus
- Network and application performance knowledge an advantage
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux
- You should want to work in a fast-paced eCommerce business
- Excellent operational organisation skills
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- High level of initiative and desire to get things done
- Willingness to introduce change and challenge existing processes and procedures
A bit about us:
eShopWorld provides a global checkout for many of the world’s leading retail brands. We have seen phenomenal growth in the last 3 years as we have been selected by a number of large US-based online retailers to support their international expansion plans.
We are passionate about what we do here: we won 1st place in the 2017 Deloitte Ireland Technology Fast 50 for the third year in a row and were recently selected as Technology Ireland's Company of the Year at the 2017 Software Industry Awards, and Technology Exporter of the Year at the 2017 Export Industry Awards. It’s clear this really is the place to be!
Send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you’re a good fit.
By applying for this role you expressly consent to eShopWorld processing your personal information in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice which can be reviewed here: https://www.eshopworld.com/candidateprivacynotice/