You are interested in working with web-scale applications and possess knowledge of modern technology concepts, best practices and patterns.
Your job will be working as part of technology team to improve and maintain the systems functionality. This will mean working with developers, QA and the business to understand the environment, design improvements and implement them.
We are a .NET house, so you should have experience in using the technologies that support the development of .NET applications: .NET 4.5, MVC 5, WCF, Web API, SQL Server. Our primary environment is Azure.
We expect you to contribute to architecture, design, and technical direction and to hold your own in a technical discussion. You should want to do things better – we believe in continuous improvement of the development process – and you should have an opinion and contribute to improving. You should have a commitment to, and experience with, best practices in solutions development.
- BA / BS degree in a related field
- 5+ years of industry-related experience including pursuing business opportunities, identifying customer problems and translating needs into new products and services
- Experience in a fast-paced eCommerce business
- Strong experience with zero-down time systems
- Intellectual curiosity, learning agility and enthusiasm for tackling tough problems
- Excellent operational organisation skills
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- This role is a mixture of technical support, infrastructure management (particularly Azure) and monitoring/managing complex systems and processes
- You will be expected to define and implement tools to improve monitoring of systems
- Logging and resolving technical support issues
- Escalation and reproduction of technical issues for project development teams
- Familiarity with .NET applications and being comfortable running queries against production SQL databases a distinct advantage
- The role will entail out of hours support responsibilities, shifts and weekend cover
- Experience with networking and network appliances, switches, firewalls, and load balancers a plus
- Effectively communicate complex ideas and possess problem solving techniques
- Strong customer focus is required
- Good English verbal and written communication skills
A bit about us:
eShopWorld provides a global checkout for many of the world’s leading retail brands. We have seen phenomenal growth in the last 3 years as we have been selected by a number of large US-based online retailers to support their international expansion plans.
We are passionate about what we do here: we won 1st place in the 2017 Deloitte Ireland Technology Fast 50 for the third year in a row and were recently selected as Technology Ireland's Company of the Year at the 2017 Software Industry Awards, and Technology Exporter of the Year at the 2017 Export Industry Awards. It’s clear this really is the place to be!
Send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com if you think you’re a good fit.
By applying for this role you expressly consent to eShopWorld processing your personal information in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice which can be reviewed here: https://www.eshopworld.com/candidateprivacynotice/