eShopWorld currently have an opening for a Senior .NET Developer. Working in an Agile environment you will be part of a product team contributing to the ongoing evolution of eShopWorld’s suite of eCommerce products. This will mean working with Product Owners, Scrum Masters and QA Engineers in our development teams based in Dublin and Newry. We expect the developer to be comfortable working on their own and as part of a team.
- We are looking for someone that will fit in with our culture of collaboration, communication and teamwork
- Refactoring should not be an issue and is actively encouraged and test driven development should be part of your daily development tasks
- As we are a .NET house you should have great experience in using the technologies that support the development of .NET applications: .NET, .Net Core, Web API, Entity framework and SQL Server
- Some of our frontend applications are developed using AngularJS, Angular 2/4/5 and we are standardising on that technology stack. You should also be familiar with Git and Jira
- Our solution runs on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform so any knowledge of working in this environment would be very beneficial
- At least 3 years’ commercial experience with C#, Asp.Net MVC, Entity Framework, Web API and WCF
- Experience with AngularJS a distinct advantage
- At least 3 years’ commercial experience with an RDMS such as SQL Server. Cosmos or NoSQL experience an advantage
- Experienced in developing N-Tier Web scalable applications and solutions
- Experienced in Test Driven Development working within an Agile SCRUM team
- Intellectual curiosity, learning agility, and enthusiasm for tackling tough problems
- Outstanding communication skills required – primarily the ability to communicate ideas
- Code in your own time outside of work and enjoy solving programming problems
- You should want to work in a fast-paced eCommerce business
- You should want to do things better – we believe in continuous improvement of the development process – and you should have an opinion and contribute to improving. You should care about agile, continuous integration, continuous deployment, TDD, unit testing and integration testing
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- High level of initiative and desire to get things done
- Willingness to introduce change and challenge existing processes and procedures
A bit about us:
eShopWorld provides a global checkout for many of the world’s leading retail brands. We have seen phenomenal growth in the last 3 years as we have been selected by a number of large US-based online retailers to support their international expansion plans.
We are passionate about what we do here: we won 1st place in the 2017 Deloitte Ireland Technology Fast 50 for the third year in a row and were recently selected as Technology Ireland's Company of the Year at the 2017 Software Industry Awards, and Technology Exporter of the Year at the 2017 Export Industry Awards. It’s clear this really is the place to be!
Send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com if you think you’re a good fit.
By applying for this role you expressly consent to eShopWorld processing your personal information in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice which can be reviewed here: https://www.eshopworld.com/candidateprivacynotice/