We are looking for an experienced, capable technology leader who can help drive the design and architecture of our product set. The Technical Architect will work with technology management, the development teams and partner closely with the product team to support implementation of our Cloud-based platform.
The position is in a growing environment, and may have additional architectural staff reporting to them in future.
We are an agile house and the Technical Architect will be involved with promoting best practice. This role is responsible for supporting the technology management team and principal developers, owning the architectural decisions and communicating approach to the technology team. The Technical Architect will also be involved with working with our business to define how new features will be implemented and which technologies should be adopted to do so. We are looking for someone who will be a role model and mentor to our software developers. The right leader will influence others by demonstrating professionalism, passion/enthusiasm, providing communication and creating a collaborative environment.
As we are a c#/.NET house, you should have expert experience in using the technologies that support the development of .NET applications: .NET Core and the latest framework, Restful APIs, SQL and NoSQL stores. Our solutions are based in Microsoft’s Azure and knowledge of working in this environment would be very beneficial.
You should want to do things better – we believe in continuous improvement of the development process – and you should have an opinion and contribute to improving. You should care about the entire SDLC, good development practices, agile, CI/D, software testing/TDD and HA systems.
While frequent travel is not expected, there may be required visits to our client sites in the US, Europe and worldwide.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills - primarily the ability to communicate ideas and work with peers and teams accordingly
- High calibre of technical proficiency – Understanding of the .net ecosystem & C# (5y+) and general software engineering (10y+)
- Intellectual curiosity, learning agility, and enthusiasm for tackling tough problems
- Understanding of risk in software engineering terms and mitigation strategies
- Experience in developing for the cloud, innovation and creating new businesses/products/services/models is desirable
- Proven ability to demonstrate technical excellence and software delivery
- Can provide a hands-on solution if required, but can also delegate
- Ability to work at a mile-high view but can deep dive seamlessly
- Ability to communicate ideas, influence and mentor others
- Excellent operational organisation skills
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Pragmatism in relation to software development
- Wants to work in a fast-paced business
A bit about us:
eShopWorld provides a global checkout for many of the world’s leading retail brands. We have seen phenomenal growth in the last 3 years as we have been selected by a number of large US-based online retailers to support their international expansion plans.
We are passionate about what we do here: we won 1st place in the 2017 Deloitte Ireland Technology Fast 50 for the third year in a row and were recently selected as Technology Ireland's Company of the Year at the 2017 Software Industry Awards, and Technology Exporter of the Year at the 2017 Export Industry Awards. It’s clear this really is the place to be!
Send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com if you think you’re a good fit.
By applying for this role you expressly consent to eShopWorld processing your personal information in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice which can be reviewed here: https://www.eshopworld.com/candidateprivacynotice/